Nov 17, 2017

Vintage Santa and Sleigh Tim Holtz Christmas Tags


Hi there!  I'm back with more tags for the 12 Tags of Christmas challenge by the Funkie Junkie.  I suppose this is the tag that I veered the farthest in my own direction so far.  I was inspired by Linda's great Santa image and layout.


I don't have the new Santa stamp Linda used on Tag 5, but I do have this amazing Tim Holtz Santa collage stamp from years ago.  I stamped it on inky card and matted similarly to Linda's design.  I thought it would be really fun to make my own "designer paper" background by repeating some of the sentiments from the new Great Outdoors stamp set.  I lined four of the sentiments up on my block, then stamped repeatedly from top to bottom on my tag in permanent red ink.  I didn't want the stamping to smear when I went back over with Vintage Photo on the edges of the tag.


I added a bundle of greens and one of the new Christmas Quote Chips, which I mounted onto black for contrast.  I stamped a postage stamp (one of my favorite details on several of Linda's tags) onto a cutout circle and tucked it beneath the layers.


I recently won this amazing Memory Box sled die and decided it would work perfectly with my composition, so I cut a couple and sponged the top layer to age it.


I need to check out the Dollar Tree again this year to see if I can find more jingle bells, because these are my last two gold ones!  Yikes!  I love using them on my tags.


Now, Tag 6 of Linda's was my favorite so far.  Sadly, my version lacks the umph and dimension she created.  I wish I had popped the white layer up and used brighter papers...


I drew a curve onto my white paper then used scalloped scissors to get the same sort of design Linda made with a beautiful die.  I embossed the white panel in Tim's Tiny Dots EF, then added gold ink along the edges.


I used the scallop die that comes in the Stitched Ovals set to create a layer for the bottom.  The tiny dots and stripes are from Tim's 2016 Christmas papers and the large dots at the bottom is BoBunny.  I really love the shadow effect created by cutting the Paper Snowflakes and the new Fluted Stars inside!


I just had to stamp a little tag and decided on some sparkly ribbon for the top.  I was so happy to find this blingy button in my button jar and thought it worked perfectly to tie up the topper.


I'm so pleased to have made it to the half way mark!  Here are all of my tags lined up in a row...


View all of my 12 Tags of Christmas HERE.

I hope you're inspired to play along and be in the run for one $50 grand prize gift certificate or two runner up prizes of $25 gift certificates to The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  There you will find these and other incredible Christmas craft products to get you going!




I'm sharing with:

31 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Wow! Just love these Autumn. Busy bee you! The first one with the bright reds is just awesome! Inspiring me to make more cards. Xx

Kate Yetter said...

Your tags are so pretty! I am especially loving that die cut sleigh in the background! When you put them all together you have a lovely collection of tags!
Kate

Donna Ellis said...

So cute, Autumn! I love the vintage feel of your creations, and that you have them hanging from the tree - it really is a delightful way of showing them off! hugs, de

Mac Mable said...

Vintage and glorious. Amazing tags again today and Wow to all the ones you've made so far xx

Darlene said...

Beautiful tags Autumn! I love vintage Santa's in fact I have a collection that I display each year! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Here Comes Santa Claus’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Darlene said...

LOL ... ME again! I still love the composition of this holiday tag! The use of the sled & greenery are just perfect to show off this vintage Santa! Awesome job (as always)! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘SNOW’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Lisa said...

They are both so beautiful, Autumn!! I love your take on the tags!! The layers and details are fabulous!! Love them both!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

froebelsternchen said...

Such pretty tags ! Wonderful! Happy weekend!

Susan said...

Love this tag! Congrats on getting halfway! BTW, Dollar Tree does have bells again this year. I just bought some a few days ago!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning. Lovely design and gorgeous colours used for our "HERE COMES SANTA CLAUS" challenge, sure suits our theme beautifully ...hope to see you next challenge.. Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

Helen Wallace said...

Vintage and stunning and you are way too hard on yourself m'dear. I love what you've done with the second tag. Gorgeous work.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Every single tag is amazing, and I love the Santa collage image on your first tag. How beautiful they all are grouped together, and now I need to go take a closer look at the others. I'm so glad you shared your Santa tag in our challenge at Double D!

Deb said...

Fabulous interpretation of Linda's tag Autumn, love that Santa image! Wonderful to see all of your tags together as well, I've fallen behind but hope to catch up soon, thanks for sharing your inspiration! Deb xo

Diane said...

I LOVE tags and yours are amazing!! Thank you for joining us at our Double challenge!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Jackie PN said...

What a glorious post!! I just love your tags and your take on them Autumn!!
The background on that collaged stamp one is amazing!
hugs,Jackie xx

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous tags I love the combination of elements it adds so much interest and dimension. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
Elaine

Dorthe said...

I love your sweet and old time Santa tag, Autumn, beautiful, beautiful with the green and sled , so very cozy .
The other tag likewise beautiful, with the scallop button and snowflakes .
Thank you so much for your kind comment to me today . Hugs, Dorthe

Tamie said...

Your tags are stunning! I love the colors, layout and incredible details. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing and wonderful talent with us at 4 Crafty Chicks recipe challenge.

Tamie DT

Redanne said...

The Santa on the first tag is gorgeous and I just love the jingle bells too - that sled is fabulous!!! Your second tag is beautiful, I don't think it lacks in anything at all, the colours are wonderful and so are those snowflakes! Hugs, Anne xx

Kathy Krug said...

Amazing tags. I love the vintage Santa. Thanks so much for linking up with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us in future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Barbara said...

Beautiful creations! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
Barbara
Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

Amelia Breytenbach said...

The tags are so beautiful Autumn! I love the vintage feel and all of the pretty details - wonderful designs.

Nance said...

Oh wow, such gorgeous tags! All so vintage and I do love the snowflake one, very elegant. Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

These put me right in the Christmas mood! Love the old-fashioned, vintage feel!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Autumn, two gorgeous tags that won my heart with the beautiful reds. So many great details on each one. I absolutely love the way you stamped the word background on #5. The sled is wonderful and that bright green pop of color is the perfect finishing touch. The scalloped bottom on #6 is great too - I had forgotten about that particular die in that set - must get it out and use it :) Great inspiration here again this week.

Hugs,
Linda

Marty F said...

Your tags are all amazing, Autumn! I do love that collage stamp and the sled is adorable! Great pop of color with the greens, too. Great inspiration - doesn't look like I'll get around to participating this year, but I still love to look! Hugs :-)

sarascloset said...

Autumn, can you hear the cheering??? That's me, 'cause I think your tags are so stinkin' beautiful and festive that I want to burst out in song! Ha! Ha! I adore the sled--nice score! And layering like that not only gives it importance, but ties in so well with the black layer behind the QC (love that idea!) and the inking on that fab Santa image (I have that one--love!)and postmark (so sad I didn't go for that set). Great idea to stamp the background. I tried to do that with a stencil on the candy cane tag, but that didn't work out as planned. Working on Plan B right now. (no, actually Plan C!)

Your second tag is so whimsical and a fabulous design! Great way to get the snowy hill, and I love you pulled out the old papers. (I did, too, on the one I'm working on :):)) My favorite bit is the dot embossing and the gold highlights! Squeal! And the shimmery ribbon and that button! Be still, my Christmasy heart! You rocked these two tags! Sending hugs for you!

SewPaperPaint said...

Hey sweetie! You made my day with this fun comment. I didn't get the postage stamp set either. :( But had two from a very old Hero Arts postal set. I love them and use them every holiday! Just don't think I need a whole sheet of them... Glad you're inspired. :)

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Fabulous details on this gorgeous tags Autumn! Thanks for joining us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

Words and Pictures said...

Congrats on making it to the halfway point - I've only just started, but I'm determined to make it. I love both of these - great takes on Linda's inspiration.
Alison x

craftytrog said...

Another stunning pair of festive tags Autumn! I'm almost halfway :-)
Alison xx

Popular Posts